Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, totally worn out, shouting "Wow...What a Ride!"

Tuesday, April 9, 2013

A few weeks later

It's been a bit since I've written but since the blog isn't public yet no one will really know except me. So I guess I'll catch myself up then with what has been going on over the last few weeks.

On the house front, tomorrow is going to be the third time the house will have been shown in just 2 1/2 weeks. Hope this bodes well for our success this summer. Of course the house continues to need our attention, which is why we want to sell it, just so tired of the upkeep. One of these days it'll be our turn.

If Dave gets to take some leave of absence time I think we will stay VT residents, just going to have to change insurance companies. I've been with State Farm ever since I started driving, sure will miss working with our local agency. Since they don't insure fulltimers we'll have no choice in changing.

I flew down to FL last weekend to drive my parents home. In all the years I've traveled up down I-95 I have never seen it as crazy as it was last weekend. Hotels were hard to come by, both nights we had to go onto a second hotel to find some rooms. Continually surrounded by vehicles so use of cruise control was limited. So glad to have that trip done, hope never have to travel like that again.

A few weeks ago I tried to stomach the prep drink for a colonoscopy, well I couldn't keep it down and had to reschedule. Tomorrow I try the stuff they give babies and kids, hope it works this time I want to get this done and over with.

My girlfriend Rene and I have our weekend in Lake George planned. I'm going to scour the clearance racks for something to wear to the weddings we are going to attend at the end of the summer. It'll be great to catch up, every once in awhile we put everything else aside and have a girls weekend, can't wait.

The last weekend of April we plan to have a garage sale, everything left over will head to Goodwill. Will be good to get the stuff out of the house. I find it so ironic that I am getting rid of all my stuff and at the same time going through bridal registries for the future weddings we are attending this summer. Some of the stuff we have gotten rid of or are getting rid of is stuff we got at our wedding, makes you wonder where these young people will be when they've been married 28 years like us. Are those things going to head into someones garage sale one day.

I'm jealous of our friends in IL, they are out camping already, our RV is still in my folks yard and we're still getting freezing nights here.  Just a few more weeks and we should be heading out to camp.

Talked to my brother yesterday, it was his birthday so a call was in order. Can't wait till we are on the road so we can meet them in TX at their sail boat. They stay near Mustang Island which has a state park at it, looks like a place we might enjoy for awhile.

Time to get ready for tomorrows showing.

Until next time...




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by;We'd love to hear from you.