Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, totally worn out, shouting "Wow...What a Ride!"

Friday, December 24, 2021

Christmas Trees Of The Past

 December 24, 2021

We made it to Picacho Peak State Park, but the blog about that is for next time. Today is Christmas Eve and as we drove across TX, NM, and part of AZ, I thought about doing a post showcasing some of our Christmas trees over the years. And no Jim, I'm not copying your idea, you just got to it earlier than I did :) 

The first Christmas tree to show up is from 1961 when I was 1 year old. 

In 1962 my brother Andy was born.

                        
    
1963

In 1964 my grandparents, my mom’s folks, came for a visit over the holidays.

I don’t have access, right now, to all of my folk's pictures so the next Christmas tree in my pictures is from 1965-1971. We went to Cincinnati OH to spend Christmas with my dad’s folks.

Skip ahead to 1979 where my brother is decorating the Christmas tree.

Dave and I met in 1982, we moved into together in 1983. I don't have a picture of our first tree but in 1984 we had a Christmas tree albeit in artificial since the apartment complex wouldn't allow real trees. 

1984 my folks' Christmas tree. 

 In 1985 Dave and I married and bought our first house, we also adopted our first dog Lady that year.

1986

In 1987 we welcomed our son David into the world. We decided to go artificial again that year since we still had it. At the time Dave was working nights and with a newborn it was easier that year. 

In 1988 we were between houses, ours had sold and we waiting for our new house to be finished. 

In 1989 our son Tom was born, with 2 young boys, we once again opted for our artificial tree. 

1990 and we wanted to take advantage of our taller ceilings. Time for a real tree again.

In 1991 the boys got into helping pick out our tree.


1992

1993 found us living in VT.


1994

1995 

In 1996 we started buying our trees from our friends Carla and Peter, to this day we continue to buy our maple syrup products from them. 
1997

1998

1999

2000
2005
2010
2012 we were in the process of downsizing. This is the tree we would take with us in the RV. 

2013

2014

2015

2016
2017
2018
2021

Mom and Dad, I hope you enjoyed the pictures from the past. We'll be celebrating Christmas day with our dear friends Curt and Glenda. To all of our family, and friends, we wish you a safe holiday season. 

Merry Christmas!! 

6 comments:

  1. Love the trees! Merry Christmas to you both and Curt and Glenda!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Debbie!! Merry Christmas to all of y'all!!

      Delete
  2. Mary Christmas Dave and Faye I didn't recognize Dave in a tie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merry Christmas to you and Kim!! Once in a while we could get Dave to dress up.

      Delete
  3. You totally stole my idea! Just kidding, love the fact that you have all those pictures. It is amazing how parallel our lives are. We married in '86 and had our first son in '87 as well! We even went on the road at about the same time! Merry Christmas to you and Dave!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL!!! I too have noticed similarities in our lives, great minds think alike :) Before we hit the road I digitalized our photos, when my maternal grandparents passed my mom gave me the photos they'd had. I need to start going through their photo albums and get the ones I want onto the computer. A very Merry Christmas to you and Barb.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by;We'd love to hear from you.